Our booking process is simple: On the next page let us know what times you’re available during our hours of operation (Monday-Saturday, 8am-6pm), and we’ll show you the next open appointments. Pick one, fill in the required information, and you’re done! We’ll send a confirmation email within minutes.
OUR RATE STRUCTURE:
- $120 for the first hour or fraction thereof, and $42.50 for each additional half hour or fraction thereof.
- You can also “Book a Husband for the Day” which is one handyman for a full day (8 hours) at $495. After 8 hours we’ll need our handyman back soon so an additional $31 per half hour or fraction thereof will be charged for the remainder of the day. Coupons and promotions do not apply to this rate.
- Some jobs may require two or more handymen for some or all of the hours worked. The rate for additional workers is our normal rate.
- Rates do not include materials and dumpster fees, which will be additional.
- Our vans are stocked with certain standard materials (joint compound, spackle, standard shutoff valves, light switches, outlets, etc.) but trips to the hardware store for special materials and fixtures will be counted as billable time.
PAYMENT: At Hourly Husbands Handyman Services, we are always looking for ways to improve efficiencies in our operations. Due to recent upgrades with our billing system, customers shall pay immediately upon completion of work unless other arrangements have been made with our office. We accept all major credit and debit cards, checks, and wire transfers. We care about our clients’ privacy, and therefore do not save any financial information.
As easy as the process is, we’d like to offer the following tips that will help you make the best use of our time, giving you the best value for your money:
- Make full use of the “Note” field in the booking form. The more information we have about your request the more we can prepare.
- As we charge in blocks of time, it’s a good idea to have backup tasks for us to do just in case we finish early. If we finish your tasks in 15 minutes, you have 45 left “on the clock” (our minimum charge is for one hour); those minutes are valuable. Feel free to switch gears and give us something else to do.
- For installation requests, please make sure you have the item on hand so you’re not paying for us to run to the hardware store (or kitchen/bath center).
- The same goes for certain repair jobs. If you want us to match your current tile, for example, it’s best for you to have the tile already on hand rather than pay for us to search for what may be a hard to find item.
- Sometimes buying the item yourself is not feasible – door and window measurements are best done by our handymen, for example – but for most jobs it makes sense. For other items that come in different sizes, like faucets, call us after you’ve booked your appointment and we can walk you through the measuring process.
Cancellation Policy: The security of your credit card information is important to us, so we don’t ask for a deposit or guarantee on booking, nor do we store your credit card information – we let Intuit handle that part of the transaction once the job is done. However, we do ask that all cancellations be done at least 24 hours in advance. In order to cancel, please call 202-455-9100 (don’t email – it might get missed or trapped in spam limbo) and we’ll do our best to reschedule your appointment for a time that’s more convenient for you.